Got back from the Da Nang trip, still a bit tired, I tried this simple recipe for a coconut cake – from labangroi on TTVN.
The smell of fresh coconut going together with butter makes me feel so warm this cold morning.
– 4 eggs, seperated
– 150gr sugar if you serve a Westerner or 110gr sugar if you serve a Vietnamese
– 120gr AP flour
– 150gr butter
– 100gr coconut flakes
– 2-3gr baking powder
===> Let’s go:
– Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually add about 50gr sugar.
– Whisk butter with the rest of sugar until light & fluffy. Add the egg yolks & whisk until well combine. Mix in AP flour & baking flour. Mix in 70gr coconut flakes.
– Gently fold the butter mixture into the egg whites in two times until combine.
– Pour to baking pan, bake 180°C in about 35mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
– Let cool on wire rack. Serve with fress coconut or whipping cream.